Monday, November 2, 2009

Goals

I couldn't resist starting out with a little peak at my front porch. Thanks to many lovely gifts and a little bit of my own work, I have a front porch that I absolutely love coming home to every night, and the addition of the seasonal gourds and pumpkins really showcases the charm of Autumn in the Northwest.

I'm a few minutes away from hitting the gym with my mom, it's just too drizzly out there for our park walk. I've been doing really good with increasing the amount of exercising I've been doing over the past few weeks, but unfortunately I haven't been so good with my diet. Like at all. Like despite my good intentions to hold off buying Halloween candy as long as possible, I've still managed to eat six Reeses PBC's in the past two days. Reese's are my kryptonite. However, my mum has been losing like mad (prolly cause she is really watching her diet). So I got to thinking...what if before I go back to school or take on anything new in my life, I put my health and weight loss efforts first.

I really want to go back to school, make the final push through for my degree and get crackin on grad school. Bu, I'm going to wait till next September. And in that 11 months, I am going to lose 8-10 pounds every month. That would put me very close to my ultimate weight loss goal. Time to get really serious about the diet and exercise. I have a great diet and exercise buddy in my mum and I'm going to make this my priority and the focus of this blog.

Quick update: Just got home from the gym.
30 minutes of treadmill alternating between 6% and 1.5% incline
10 minutes of stationary bike.
phew!

1 comment:

  1. Go my friend!!! 1 day at a time, you can do this,
    Angelique

    ReplyDelete