Thursday, November 19, 2009

Of Greens Galore


Oh the neglect! I've been failing at my goal to post at least every other day and now I must atone. So busy around these parts! Last Saturday I went out to my co-worker, Jill's house with another co-worker to work on mosaics. Jill is an incredibly talented mosaic artist ( you can look at her work here) along with being an amazing gardener and very cool chick. We worked on our projects (we are making house number plaques) in her swanky greenhouse and it was so much fun to just be creative and enjoy time in such a soothing and inspiring space.
Then on Sunday, we got our brand new BIG TV put up, cables moved around, furniture rearranged, and I made some very very tasty spinach/mushroom/onion/goat cheese galette style tarts with a salad of baby greens and citrus champagne vinaigrette. Not to toot my own horn, but yummmmm! So after all the rearranging in the house my sweet boyfriend got the garage all cleaned up, put in some storage shelves and arranged the furniture out there to be a good "man cave" area. Organization makes me sooo happy.


On the health front, I didn't exercise at all over the weekend and had a big brunch on Sunday so I have some work to do this week. Monday and Tuesday were both good, an hour on the treadmill each night plus some arms on Monday. I was supposed to start my pilates class last night, but some kind of extreme tiredness got to me, I was asleep on the couch by 7 p.m. Food has been OK, not great, but I am getting there. We made green smoothies at work yesterday and we are going to make some more today so that should help. I've also been thinking a lot about how much I miss working within a feminist and empowering framework. The company I work for is really great in a lot of ways, but there is really something special about being nurtured and challenged by thinking that is informed by principles of social justice and critical thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment