Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"Firsts"


Today is my little guy's first middle school dance/social. I mentioned this in my office and everyone erupted with memories of their own first school dance, right down to the full names of the people they danced with! I suppose it's one of those rites of passage that just stick with us.

So his first has got me thinking about some other firsts in my life. It's our first autumn in our first house, and I've been having a lot of fun trying to notice and capture all the gorgeous and changing colors in the yard. I was scheduled for my first acupuncture session yesterday afternoon (was rescheduled to tomorrow).

And one more first for me today. One whole hour, a few minutes more actually, on the treadmill. No running yet, but this is a big milestone for me. Now we look forward to the future where I hope I will be able to report the first time I run for an hour the treadmill. Stay tuned folks!

What about you? What are your "firsts" this week?

1 comment:

  1. Nice work on the fitness: some of the best things we do for ourselves take time and perseverance, and it sounds like you're on a very good path :-)

    ReplyDelete