Saturday, November 21, 2009

Saturday Afternoon Delight


Well, as usual Saturday is about the busiest day at our house. Somehow Friday night always seems to blend into the day as well. Last night I did another 50 minutes on treadmill which means I did four days of major treadmill challenge this week. I also had my second acupuncture session after the workout and I can really feel a difference in my stress and anxiety levels.

We kicked off this morning with a visit from the cable guy to remove our filter and install a brand spankin new DVR. Wow...it's a whole lotta TV up in here folks. I really had no idea. I'm excited for all the great shows I've been missing, yet concerned for our productivity.

After checking out the "on demand" feature with a viewing of "Sunny", we headed out to Toast for one of Portland's absolute best brunch offerings. I am not a big drinker, but it is tough for me to turn down a really good Bloody Mary and Toast really delivers. To go with the Mary, I had the "Bad Ass Sandwich", Dusty had the "Dismal Times" and Quin had the comparatively dully named "Apple & Pear French Toast".

With full bellies and happy hearts we toddled back home, where Dusty had to get ready for work and Q and I headed over the Freemont bridge into NW Portland to visit our friend Malarie at Bishops Barbershop for some much needed haircuts. Quin's turned out great, although he tried to convince me that he needed some new shoes to go with his new "doo". Finally home and I'm gonna cuddle in for the night and get up early tomorrow to start in on the Christmas shopping.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Melyssa and Quin - nice haircut. Me next? Mom

    ReplyDelete